Thursday, January 28, 2010

LATEST HIKE - 01/28/2010

I'll start off with my latest hike which was this afternoon.
I hiked the Waterfall Trail in Placerita Canyon. Placerita Canyon is in the Santa Clarita Valley of Southern California. There is a nature center there and many fun trails to hike.
During our "wet" months (January and February), there is a waterfall and a nice stream running through the canyon. We just had a 7-day rain storm last week, so there is plenty of water up there right now.
Here is a map of the Placerita Park/Nature Center. You can click on any of the photos to see a larger version of them.

The Waterfall Trail takes you on a 1.2 mile round trip through a green field where old oak groves grow. You start to climb up the hill and into the deep, narrow canyon. The trail dead-ends at the waterfall, which drops about 12 feet.
Sometimes you will see Acorn Woodpeckers in the trees, or you may even see some squirrels or deer along the way.








4 comments:

  1. Oh Kay, You knew I'd LOVE this post... That waterfall trail and the beauty all around is amazing... I added my name as a follower so that I can go on your hikes with you!!!! Thanks!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! How do I add my name as a "follower"? Janice (NOTH)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scenery, I look forward to hiking with you...just don't walk too fast!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need to get out and walk ,do you think this will work for my doctor? lol This place is beautiful.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for hiking along with me and Hiker.
Kay