Monday, March 1, 2010

Golden Valley Open Area - 03/01/2010

Today I decided I wanted to hike an area I had never hiked before. I drove up into Placerita Canyon to the Golden Valley Open Area, parked the car and started up the trail. This area is very grassy. During our wet season, there a small creeks running all through the grasses.



The area was very muddy due to our past rains, but I continued to trudge up the trail, which kept getting steeper and steeper.



Along the way I saw some early wildflowers and some great views of the area. After about 1/2 mile in, I decided that this trail was way to steep for my liking, so I turned around and headed back for the car. I usually don't give up this easy, but this time, the huffing and puffing really got to me.



I got back into my car and drove 1/2 mile back down the canyon road to the Placerita Canyon Natural Area and walked around there for awhile.
I really want to take advantage of all of these flowing creeks and green grasses while I can because by June all of this will dry out, turn brown and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for hiking along with me and Hiker.
Kay