Saturday, May 4, 2013

Previoiusly Unexplored Areas Of Vasquez Rocks

My brother Keith was visiting last week and one morning he and I decided to pack my dog Hiker into the car and we headed up to Vasquez Rocks. This is one of Keith's favorite areas to explore and I love photographing the area. We have hiked there so many times that we decided to head off in a direction that we had never taken. We found ourselves on the Pacific Crest Trail.



As we followed the trail, it took us along a ridge in the south eastern part of the park. From this vantage point, we saw beautiful view of the rocks and the surrounding area.


From the ridge, we could also see the trail twist and turn down into the canyon and then start back up over the other side.


The panoramic views were spectacular.




Keith took this shot of me and Hiker with the mail rock in the background.

2 comments:

  1. I read a book called "Crashing Through". It is a true story of a man who was blind but was able to have his sight restored by surgery.
    The two main things he first wanted to see? Panoramic views and beautiful women!
    (Well, he was a MAN after all!!)
    Bet he would have liked these photos! The views and your lovely self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shot of you and Hiker with the peaks above the junipers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for hiking along with me and Hiker.
Kay