Thursday, June 30, 2011

Morning Hike To Towsley Canyon Narrows

I had not been able to get out on a hike since February 3rd of this year. As most of you know, my husband Ben had complications from a colonoscopy and then had emergency exploratory surgery and ended up in the hospital. He was there for over 3 1/2 months and had to have a second emergency surgery of which he was never able to recover. Sadly he passed away on June 15th and I miss him so much, but I know that he would want me to go on with my life. He knew how much I loved to get out in nature and hike. Today was the first time in 4 months I was able to get out and hike with a couple of friends. My hiking partners were RuthAnne and Linda. We did about 3 miles in Towsley Canyon.

In The Narrows

Tadpoles (Polywogs) in the creek

RuthAnne and Linda along the trail

RuthAnne, Linda & Me

Looking up from The Narrows

Darkling Beetle

On the other side of The Narrows

Towsley Canyon

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scenes.I am so glad you got to do what you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for hiking along with me and Hiker.
Kay